Jokes About Bartering
James Harvey Stout (deceased). This material is now in the public
domain. The complete collection of Mr. Stout's writing is now at
We can trade these jokes for someone else's jokes.
- What's worse than bartering for an apple, and biting into it,
and finding a worm in it? Bartering for an apple, and biting into
it, and finding only half a worm in it.
- If you barter with a farmer, which two animals will you always
bring home with you? Your calves.
- Did you hear the joke about the man who bartered for a new
roof? It's over your head.
- What can say the word, "barter," in every language in the
world? An echo.
- If you trade to get a barrel, what can you put into it, to
make it lighter? Holes.
- Why is it easy to barter for food in the desert? Because of
the sand which is (sandwiches) there.
- What time is it when the clock strikes fourteen? Time to
barter for a new clock.