Time measurement /
Guide to metric time: the day. Metric Time
(MT) is an attempt to create a decimalized time system for our modern
base-10 using world.
- Atomic time for Your place.
Astrolabe: An instrument with a past and a
- Check your computer's time
against US Navy Master Clock (takes a few seconds to calculate - be
- Cosmouniverse Reference Library time; the different definitions of modern time, as there are
ephemeris, dynamical, sidereal etc. compared
- °Date and Time
Gateway: timezone time & names.
and Time index and links: from the Merlyn
- Decimal Time History.
- Dials & Symbols of the French revolution. The Republican
Calendar and Decimal time.
- * Hong Kong Observatory (ex- Royal
Observatory The "Royal Observatory" was re-named on 1 July 1997.
- How Many: a dictionary of Units of merasurement.
- How to tell "Time" ? Discover
how to tell the time without using a watch. This site will explain why
and how we measure, and looks at measuring form ancient times to the
present day; with ideas on how to make your own measuring instruments,
lots of experiments to try and problems to think about.This site is
developed for anybody who are interested in what "TIME " is all about.
- International Standard Date and Time notation. ISO.
Time: the rationale of summertime.
- Bureau Internationale de Poids et Mesures: check UTC, TAI (Atomic Time) , info about the leap second
and the definitions.
- De Astronomische Klok; teksten
over klokken en tijd:
Clock: how long may you live?
SeriesThe Global Positioning System
(GPS) is a constellation of 24 satellites which is used for navigation
and precise geodetic position measurements. Horizontal velocities,
mostly due to motion of the Earth's tectonic plates, are represented on
the maps by arrows extending from each site. Click on the list of names
to see detailed time series for a particular site.
- ° How Time
Works by Marshall Brain, providing a brief
overview of clocks, measuring time, time zones, and more.From: How stuff works.
- * Local
Apparent Sidereal Time that is the actual
time for your spot on the globe in relation to Greenwich.Outside the
USA you will have to know your longitude (that's the East, West one!)
Greenwich is at zero degrees Prime Meridian of the World.
Times Around the World.What time is it in
Sydney, Australia, right now? Bogota, Colombia? The answer is just a
few clicks away.
times by Swiss info.
- ° Metrictime webring: the index-page
- ° A Guide To Metric Time : Metric Time (MT) is
an attempt to create a decimalized time system for our modern base-10
- ° Metric
Clock: A different
- * Modern Time Systems - articles
from Delft University in The Netherlands
- * GMT Explained - NASA Version
- ° New Earth Time is an internet
time zone which divides each day into 360 degrees of time. With a
dowmload of the world internet timezone clock to use on your own
- (Dutch) Onze
- Time & Timekeeping:
information by the National Maritime Museum
- °Time WWW
server. The purpose of this server is to
provide the latest information on Network Time Protocol (NTP) and other
related clock synchronization products.
- * Stan's
Workshop - full of watches and clocks
- * Standard
Zones of the World (large file)
- * Sunclock - Shows the parts of the
globe in darkness.
- Swatch internettime: study
Internettime and use the converter, or download it.
- °ATtime one world one time:
download the Swatch internettime for (PC's-version)
- A Comprehensive System of Metric Time
Synchronized with Swatch's Internet Time and
calibrated for Common Era, this system includes a standard display
format that is simple and easy to read.
- (Dutch) Teksten over klokken en tijd : korte
m.n. de astronomische klok
- The Human
Clock: a photo for every minute of the day.
- (New) The Time Now: what time is and
your current local time.
- (Dutch) Tijdtellers, klok en kalender:
verschillende java applets om de tijd te berekenen.
- °Timeanddate.com : time and date ,
city by city : World
Clock (standard) or Full
- ° Time-info from Treasure troves:
an encyclopedic overview.
- * Times from around the World.
- * Looking for time in your your local Time Zone around the World - look no further!!!
- Time zone converter: compare your
time to Central European standard time.(or any other).
- True Time Correction Table for
setting true-time on a clock (Equation of Time-table).
- U.S. Census
Bureau: A large collection of government
statistics and articles on census controversies, population growth, and
demographics. For time: up-to-the-minute U.S. and world population clocks.
- °Universal-time.org is promoting a metric based system that is co-ordinated on
UTC. The day is divided in to any metric number that is required,
- ° U.S. Naval Observatory: Sun and
Moon Data For One Day. Determine sun and moon rise and set for places
around the world.
- Worldclock: compare the times of
- °Worldclock: see zone and time in the world in one map.
- Worldtime page: interaktive worldatlas with info about the position
of the sun and your own local time.
- °World time page: clock-times on
Time Server World Time Server provides the
most accurate current local times of any world clock on the Internet.
It makes real time adjustments for Daylight Saving Time. No matter what
time zone a country or city is located in, this site is your best
resource for determining any time, anywhere.
- °Worldtimes plus local time: a
page full of Java-clocks.
- World Timezones up to date.